Participants receive more advanced project management skills development training building on the theory and fundamentals learned in Project Management Tools & Techniques.
Executing project management in the real world requires practical skills to tackle many issues. Changing client requirements, multiple scope change requests, limited resources, lack of authority, difficult clients are all problems which the project manager often faces and must manage and control.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the issues which project managers face in their work and provides practical tools, based on Project Management Institute (PMI)and A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) best practices, for managing them. Instruction and industry examples of these methodologies are provided in an interactive format.
Download a PDF version of the course outline (54KB PDF).
2 day workshop.
What You Learn
Master advanced project management skills and tools that enable you to:
- Properly manage project initiation
- Formulate and execute the project plan
- Create strategies to manage risk
- Measure performance & maintain control
- Create strategies to manage client expectations and achieve client satisfaction
- Establish methodologies for integrating project management into your daily work
Who Should Attend
This workshop is appropriate for people who manage projects, teams, programs, or stakeholders, and is suited for project managers of all levels of experience. For new project managers, it offers new skill sets, for more experienced project managers, it offers a project management methodology that is consistent with standards of the Project Management Institute (PMI), the professional association for project managers.
The majority of this workshop’s participants are working towards a Project Management Certificate, or want advanced training in the Project Management Framework, based on the PMI standards.
The project management workshop material used in this course is non-industry specific, and the techniques taught apply to any industry.
There is no prerequisite for this course.
- Two full days of instruction
- Comprehensive PM reference binder
- Certificate of completion
- Project manager’s toolkit
Professional Development Credits
- 15 hrs of approved project management education credits towards new applications for Project Management Professional (PMP)® and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® Certification from PMI.
- 15 PDU, professional development credits towards maintain PMP® credentials.
Each instructor is a working project management professional. We employ senior project managers that bring a wealth of practical experience to every workshop.
- Initiation the project
- Scope of work and work breakdowns
- Project schedules
- Project budgets
- Project progress monitoring/reporting
- Change control systems
- Risk analysis and management
- Managing project teams
- Project communications
- Contracting and procurement