** This course also goes under the title PM Tools & Techniques – Level 1 (PM 101) and also PM Essentials – Part 1 (PM 102). Same content.
Project Management Tools & Techniques provides the fundamentals of project management based on the Project Management Institute (PMI) standards and guidelines. It gives a comprehensive overview of project management techniques so you can effectively plan, manage, and control projects based on the standards of the Project Management Institute. Theory and practical examples of these methodologies are provided in an interactive format. You gain skills that you can apply immediately on the job.
This workshop prepares students for more advanced project management workshops and project management certification preparation programs, including Project Management Professional (PMP)® and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certification preparation workshops (PM 400 and PM 402).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to understand and apply project management techniques to their current and future projects. They should also be able to effectively manage small to medium sized projects and achieve immediate improvements on project performance.
Download a PDF version of the course outline (56KB PDF).
2 day workshop
What You Learn
Master basic project management skills, techniques, and methodologies that enable you to
- Prioritize your projects and workload
- Create SMART project goals
- Establish a comprehensive project plan following the Project Management Framework based on PMI standards
- Recruit and manage high performing teams
- Identify and agree on realistic client/customer requirements
- Create a work breakdown structure that makes your projects easier to manage
- Establish reliable project budgets and schedules
- Implement project tracking techniques
- Create effective strategies to control the project budget, schedule, and quality
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for new project managers who want an overview of the project management framework based on the PMI standards or for more experienced project managers without previous formal project management training. The program is also appropriate as a first course for those who are working towards their PMP® certification. The course is non-sector specific and the content applies to all industries.
There are no prerequisite for this course.
- Two full days of instruction
- Comprehensive PM reference binder
- Certificate of completion
- Project manager’s toolkit
Professional Development Credits
- 15 hrs of approved project management education credits towards new applications for PMP® and CAPM® Certification from PMI®.
- 15 PDU, professional development credits towards maintain PMP® credentials.
Each instructor is a working project management professional. We employ senior project managers that bring a wealth of practical experience to every workshop.
- The project management framework based on PMI standards
- Project initiation
- Project planning
- Project execution
- Project monitoring & control
- Project close-out
- Project manager soft skills
- Managing project teams
- Project management in organizations
- Resources for project managers